Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Film reviews: Invictus (2009), The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)

The Girl Who Played with Fire / Flickan Som Lekte Med Elden (2009)
Thriller. Detective. This is the second part of the trilogy. The first is called «Man som hatar kvinnor». The first part was, of course, brighter and cooler, but the second is also good. I watched with interest. Still, the main characters I have known. They are like family to me began. Swedes are great. It turns out they can not only sing but also to remove some top-notch movies that rivals Hollywood. I know that already released their third movie in the trilogy, but he has not yet been translated into Russian. And Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino has bought the rights to the film, then going to shoot a remake. It says a lot. Just filmed the book, and already a remake want to remove. The plot of the second part, of course, connected to the first, but the second part of the main characters are investigating a new crime. If the first part of it was manic-fascist, the second Russian-slaver. 4 out of 5.

Invictus (2009)
Drama. Autobiographical film about Nelson Mandela by Clint Eastwood. Mandela played by Morgan Freeman. I do not know why the movie rating almost 8 out of 10 on IMDb, I would not let him sink. The film is very boring and not interesting. Two hours, 13 minutes to see how Mandela talking with different people, and how to play rugby, a little interesting. 3 out of 5.

24 comments:

  1. is invictus that boring? thank god

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard invictus was a good movie :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't The Girl Who Played with Fire from the millinium trilogy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wana watch invictus sometime, liked the trailer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of watching Invictus. I thought it was just about the rugby team. Too bad Mandela got to bore things up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was also interested in Invictus, was under wrong impression on film guess I can put in on the back burner

    ReplyDelete
  7. never watched this 2
    il check em

    ReplyDelete
  8. I though Invictus was alright

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review... "It was boring" lol. I do like your point of view, and i agree with you about invictus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never saw Invictus but I heard it was mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember almost renting invictus. Thank god i didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen these movies but maybe one time i will ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great reviews, bro, thanks! I haven't seen those movies...

    ReplyDelete
  14. u didn't like vindictus? i thought it was really great along with his other movies.. should check out gran torino

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good reviews. I've watched Flickan Som Lekte Med Elden once and I got lost in the story. Never read the book, heh. I'll have to give it another shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The girl who played with fire is a very interesting movie.. I really quite enjoyed it, the books are SO much better though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I kind of wanted to see Invicuts, I think you saved me a few bucks here.

    ReplyDelete