Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Film reviews: Smokin 'Aces 2: Assassins' Ball (2010), The Book of Eli (2010)

Smokin 'Aces 2: Assassins' Ball (2010)
Action. In this part, again, a lot of hired killers, again, there are neo-Nazis, and they again chase the money. But in this part of it all looks much more miserable and crazy. And the cast is not as eminent. Although some familiar faces. The first part reminded me a lot "Pulp Fiction". Second, as a pale copy of the first part. As if a student looked the first part, and decided it parodied in the second. Alas, did not happen. So if you want to look good thriller with lots of rifles and a sea of blood, watch the first part. If you have nothing to watch, and militants you like, you can glance up at once. 3 out of 5.

The Book of Eli (2010)
Action. Fantastic. Drama. A film about life in a post apocalyptic world. The protagonist, named Eli, once heard a voice inside that told him to go to one place, take a book out there and take it to the west. For the voice promised Ilayu protection than from all the dangers that will threaten his path. And the voice did not disappoint. Despite the fact that Eli attacked dozens of ways, mad with hunger and thirst of the people, he always emerged victorious from these battles. But once stood in its way, quite an influential and powerful in its region, mafia Carnegie. He was holding at bay the entire region, had a strong band and look for books that bore Eli because he knew how powerful this book has on people. The film reminded me of something "Road" and "Mad Max", but with religious overtones and worse. Firstly, it is strange that the protagonist was a black man, and kill it for some reason some whites. Somehow this smacks of racism Negro. The film's director, incidentally, is also black. Secondly, it is strange to see a devout man who with his sword rubai people like cabbage. And since the film is not bad, of course. Bodrenky such a good game actors (Denzel Washington and Garry Oldman), and lots of special effects. 4 out of 5.

29 comments:

  1. the book of eli was dece. i can only imagine sm2 was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Smoking aces was alright, nothing to special. The book of Eli I haven't seen though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about these two

    ReplyDelete
  4. ty for info the book of eli seems good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the book of Eli, was not that impressed. I will check out Monster Ball though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked smoken aces, didnt really get the ending but it was decent and i agree with the review. I'd give book of eli a 4.5/5, the atmoshphere in that movie was beyond great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got the book of Eli on my pc but still haven't watched it! I really need to watch it soon :L!

    ReplyDelete
  8. o i actually liked book of eli as well haha great reviews btw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Havn't seen either. May see the book of eli though

    ReplyDelete
  10. book of eli wasnt that bad but i liked the road better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good reviews. I also enjoyed The Book of Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wtf I had no idea there was a Smoking Aces 2! I didn't like the first one, but that won't stop me from checking the sequel out.

    Book of Eli was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen Book of Eli yet. Good review, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I gotta get to watching more films!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty decent films in my opinion. Liked 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've kind of been wanting to see Book of Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The book of eli sounds pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've watched the Book of Eli.. Pretty nice movie imo .. Haven't seen the other one though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i didnt even know they were making another smokin aces! gonna have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Book of Eli was an awesome movie, but the end wasn't really what I expected...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've wanted to see The book of Eli for ages now, think i'll pick it up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. book of eli is now top of my list

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha I didnt realize there was a Smokin Aces 2. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete