Sunday, October 17, 2010

Film reviews: I've Loved You So Long (2008),The White Ribbon (2009)

I've Loved You So Long / Il ya longtemps que je t'aime (2008)
Drama. Main character meets his sister out of jail, which sat there for 15 years for killing his 6-year-old son, and settled it for a while in his private home. Now, where the viewer watches as the sister of the protagonist tries to get comfortable among the people for such a long period of his release. Heavy film is very heavy. Not everyone will be able to watch until the end and not everyone will like it. Despite the fact that the film has received awards of various film festivals, I saw nothing in it so special. Get some yellow rag with criminal histories, there is not such a reading can be. Hair stand on end from the awareness of how cruel people can be. In general, a movie for fans of AMD, on one viewing. 4 out of 5.

The White Ribbon / Das weisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte (2009)
Drama. Detective. The story unfolds in a small village in Germany in 1913. Suddenly, the village became a mysterious murder occurs, and a local school teacher tried to understand all this. Heavy and weird movie. Shot in black and white style. Is already 2 hours 17 minutes. Despite the fact that he received an award at Cannes, I commended him I can not give. The film is not for everyone and at one viewing. It is unlikely that you'll want to watch it again. 3 out of 5.

20 comments:

  1. Haven't seen either, i think i'll hit my local movie rental facility now thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they are local movies, maybe the first one will help my French.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound great. I enjoy your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Havvent watch it, but sounds ok...

    ReplyDelete
  5. will watch some of the reviewed movies some time

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for these, I'll follow in the hopes of better reviews. Need car advice? VIsit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm going to add both these movies to my netflix cue. thanks for the rec's

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be sure to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for this wonderful review

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo.. will definitely be watching the white ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  11. *goes on youtube to listen to this band*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Das Weisse Band is, for me, one of the best films of the decade. Anyway, I really like Haneke's movies, so I'm partial about this.

    ReplyDelete